Search This Blog

I'M A CHRISTIAN: CONCLUSION

Y'all might have been wondering why I chose to post a week-long parody of the Mac vs PC commercials.

It wasn't to make fun ... honest.

Instead, I wanted to challenge all of my readers - those who have a relationship with Christ and those who do not.

The term 'Christianity' is a wonderful, comforting label, isn't it? I think we've all been guilty of hiding behind it (yes, hiding). I, myself, have found comfort in the label (sometimes, it's just so comfortable in the box, isn't it? And I believe that we also like putting other things in boxes, too - not just ourselves. God, for example).

What separates the Christian faith (I will not call it religion) from other beliefs is that it circles (not boxes) around a relationship with Christ.

A relationship with Christ? What's the catch?

No catch. Really. There are no rigorous rules that one must follow. No hoop-jumping is necessary (although I believe dead churches would have you believe that you must do a lot of hoop jumping in order to be the 'right' Christian).

The way I figure, there are two groups: those who flock to the rule-driven religion called Christianity and those who never have a relationship with Christ because of those rules.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Top Sites