Search This Blog

Loving Unconditionally


As I continue to grow in the Love that I AM and as more of my Authentic Self emerges, I realize that my definition of Unconditional Love is changing. I once believed that Unconditional Love simply meant that there was nothing a person could do or say that would make me stop loving them. And although that is a very important facet of Unconditional Love, I have realized that it doesn’t stop there. Of course, to Love Unconditionally means to Love without condition, but it also means to Love without demands, expectations, judgments or fear. Loving Unconditionally means Loving Openly; with an Open Heart, an Open Mind and with Open Hands.
Unconditional Love is a Safe Harbor in which our Authentic Selves can feel the freedom to not only emerge, but to thrive. I believe that we must first feel this Unconditional Love for ourselves before we can truly feel it for another. Once we Love ourselves Unconditionally and once we recognize the Peace and Equanimity that comes with it, we can become a Safe Harbor for others by Loving them Openly. To me, this means Loving them in such a way that they feel no pressure to be something that they are not. It means building no walls, having no chains and drawing no lines. It means giving them room to spread their wings. Sometimes, along with the spreading of their wings, those we Love will find that they must fly away in order to be true to who they have BEcome. Loving Unconditionally means allowing them the freedom to fly and feeling nothing but happiness in their flight.
BE a Safe Harbor…Love Yourself…and Love Others…Unconditionally.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Top Sites