Search This Blog

What Is This Strange Forgetting?


longing.jpg
What is this strange forgetting
that has taken hold of me lately –
this being unable to remember
that everything is
sacred, holy, and alive?
The absence of you, my Friend,
surely has something to do with it.
Your being gone has opened
a small hole in me,
a pinprick,
the kind blood brothers make,
but you are nowhere in sight.
Where are you?
Something is leaving me slowly,
there’s a leak I cannot see.
A day’s worth amounts to nothing,
a week’s would barely fill a thimble,
but it’s been months now without you
and I am starting to notice,
lurking like a stranger in my own shadow
and sleeping just a little too long.
Hey! I’ve got an idea!
Why don’t you cross the universe today,
take a left at Alpha Centuri
and show up unannounced at my door.
That would be very cool,
I can’t wait to see
the looks on the faces of my friends
who have been so diligently reminding me,
these past few days,
that you are already here.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Top Sites