Search This Blog

WE'RE NOT WORTHY



On the other token, there are those who never have a relationship with Christ because they are led to believe (either by their own doing or others) that they aren't worthy; that they couldn't possibly live up to the expectations set by the church (either real or perceived).

I don't live in the right community.
I don't drive the right car.
I don't wear the right clothes.
I don't listen to the right music.
I don't read the right books.
I'm black.
I'm white.
I'm fat.
I'm skinny.

A pretty long list of ridiculous, isn't it? I sited the last four to show how really ridiculous these self-imposed rules are. But what about the deeper set of standards:

I've lied.
I've cheated.
I've stolen.
I've murdered.


These definitely seem like deal-breakers, huh?
Wrong.

What we fail to realize is that Jesus didn't come for the healthy; He came for the sick. He didn't come for the rich (in spirit); He came for the poor. He came for us - just as we are.

If I have offended anyone by my series of posts this week, I'm glad. Sometimes, when we're offended, it's a conviction. Did you see yourself in the video? Hopefully you did - as the Christ follower. If you saw yourself as the 'suit', perhaps now is a good time to step back and ask yourself: do I have a relationship or a set of rules with Christ?

He wants a relationship with His children. Just as you are. It's okay. He created you. He knows your best and your worst sides. He doesn't care.

Have a great Spring Break, y'all!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Top Sites